Friday, May 3, 2013

Foods that rock when you're trying to be healthy




Foods that rock when you're trying to be healthy:
 
 





  • Sunspire Chocolate chips. These things ROCK. They're organic, soy based, and so yummy! 2 tablespoons are only 70 calories. Oh Fair Trade too! www.transfairusa.org. I'll pack these along side my fruit or stuff raspberries with them for a healthy snack. They're awesome in oatmeal too.

  • Pure Almond Original Nutrition Label

  • Silk Pure Almond Original Almond Milk. At 60 calories, this is a staple in my daily caloric intake. There's an unsweetened version with 30 calories per serving and a sweetened vanilla with 90 calories per serving, but the original version is by far my fave. I feel like Goldilocks. This one is JUST RIGHT! The thing that got me to try almond milk was the money back guarantee on the side of the carton. I've been drinking this stuff since August and haven't looked back. 
  • PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter. I absolutely adore peanut butter. When I was a kid I'd sneak into the jar and get a spoonful for a snack. This was highly recommended on another blog I follow so being open to new things I thought I'd give it a try. It is AMAZING! It's preservative free and contain no artificial sweeteners. At only 45 calories per 2 Tbsp serving there are only 13 calories from fat & 0 grams saturated fat which is awesome considering regular peanut butter is 190-200 calories per 2 Tbsp serving with 130 calories from fat and 3 grams of saturated fat. I eat this almost everyday. It's great on bagels, mixed with honey & cinnamon in plain greek yogurt, or in a smoothie or protein shake. It is a little pricey, about $5 a jar, but it lasts me several weeks.

  •  
      
    • Veggie Slices Swiss, 1 Slice (1 serving): calories: 35, fat: 2g, carbs: 1g, protein: 3g  As much as I love my chocolate & peanut butter, I'm also a cheese fanatic. I love it on my sandwiches or even as a snack. In looking to eat healthy I found this stuff. It's another soy based product but tastes like swiss cheese. I found coupons online too! http://www.goveggiefoods.com/special-offers/ 



  • That's just a couple of my faves. I have so many others. I may post more some other time. 
    These HURT!





          No comments:

          Post a Comment