Sunday, October 28, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Banana Muffins

I'm always looking for something healthy to eat in the morning and with bananas quickly ripening I knew a traditional banana muffin recipe wouldn't be the best thing for my diet. I also wanted something that combined apples & cinnamon for fall. I'm very happy with the way these turned out. I plan on freezing the leftovers to microwave in the mornings for a quick breakfast on the go. 

 Ingredients: 
3 medium (7") Bananas 
2 Medium Apple 
1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce 
6 oz (170g) Chobani - Apple Cinnamon Yogurt 
1 1/2 cups Oatmeal 
4 packets of Truvia 
4 Tbsp. Carrington Farms - Organic Milled Flax Seeds 
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon 
1 tsp Baking soda 
2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds (garnish) 

Directions: 
Mash bananas. Core and chop apples. (I chose to leave the skin on) Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix thoroughly. Pour into lined muffin cups & garnish with almond slices. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment